Vegan French Toast and Green Smoothie Bowl
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. It is the meal that breaks the overnight fast and provides the body and brain with the nutrients and energy it needs to function properly.
Studies have shown that people who eat breakfast are more likely to be of a healthy weight, have lower cholesterol levels and are less likely to develop type 2 diabetes and heart disease. Breakfast eaters also tend to perform better at school and work and have more energy throughout the day. So, if you’re looking to boost your health and performance, make sure you start the day with breakfast.
Here are two breakfast recipes to get you started:
Vegan french toast with strawberries and blueberries
1 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup strawberries
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 8 slices of bread
- 1 tablespoon vegan margarine
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup blueberries
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together almond milk, blueberries, strawberries, sugar, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Place bread slices in the mixture, making sure each slice is coated evenly.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt margarine.
- Place bread slices in the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes per side, or until golden brown.
- Serve French toast with maple syrup and additional blueberries and strawberries, if desired.
Pair with Gretel & Belle's cocoa horchata or coffee horchata for rich flavours that complement the sweetness of the French toast.
Green smoothie bowl
1 cup spinach
- 1 cup kale
- 1/2 cup pineapple
- 1/2 cup kiwi
- 1/2 banana
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- Ice cubes
Add all ingredients into a blender and blend until thick and smooth.
- Pour into a bowl and garnish with coconut flakes, kiwi slices and granola.
Pair with Gretel & Belle's kunu horchata for further enhance the sharp and tangy flavours.
Subscribe to our free newsletter
Stay up to date with the latest announcements, new product launches and fresh recipes in our journal. Plus get 10% off your first order!